DETOX, CLEANSE AND SHED A KILO
OK, so it’s understandable, December, revelling, entertaining, food, food and more food plus the extra glass of champagne kind of got to you. It happens every year…. It’s okay. January is filled with new resolve – don’t panic, just do a few things differently.
Here are 5 tips to balance a holiday of excess.
1. Take Milk Thistle, an excellent supplement to strengthen and detoxify the liver especially after too much alcohol and rich food. Alfalfa is another good supplement that helps overworked kidneys.
2. Eat fruit like grapes, cherries and strawberries. They supply nutrients that help mop up free radicals and combat pollutants such as alcohol. Smokers will benefit from eating apricots; they contain beta-carotene and vitamin C which helps repair smoke damage to lungs.
3. Increase your fibre consumption to assist with colon function and cleansing. This means foods like apples, brown rice, chick peas and potatoes (leave skins intact).
4. Drinking water will help the kidneys to flush waster more efficiently. Add a squeeze of lemon to provide flavour and clean the liver.
5. Switch to green tea. Its high level of antioxidant activity will flush out toxins. Drink as many as five cups a day.
And while you are swapping harmful drinks for healthier one’s –you can still do your coffee shop ritual with Redespresso. This is where café culture meets good health. Redespresso introduces the world’s first RooibosTea Espresso. This delicious drink is set to revolutionise coffee culture by adding a highly beneficial health spin. Redespresso is premium Rooibos Tea refined under patent to an espresso grind similar to coffee and produced for use in espresso and coffee appliances. Once expressed, it delivers a strong, rich tasting red espresso complete with crema from the pure essence of Rooibos. In this concentrated expression, red espresso is richer in flavour, darker in colour and higher in antioxidants than normal Rooibos Tea. It is also the first of its kind around the world and has pioneered a brand new beverage category. Rooibos tea enjoyed like coffee – try it out yourself. 100% premium espresso ground Rooibos tea can be used as the basis for a range of delicious drinks, including red cappuccino®, red latte® and fresh red®. Yummy….