I started using virgin coconut oil about a year ago for various things and have found that it is such a great smelling, beneficial and super useful oil. If you have not used it before, I highly recommend that you try it.
Here are a few practical, everyday uses for coconut oil:
1. General health: you can take a teaspoon (or two) of coconut oil a day to help boost your immune system, boost energy, aid in digestion and help lower your cholestrol levels (cool, huh).
2. Skin Care: Coconut oil can be very effective as a skin moisturizer, especially for those with dry skin and aging skin. I find it is very easily absorbed by the skin.
3. Cooking, frying & baking: Coconut oil has been used as a cooking oil for thousands of years. It can be used as a substitute for most of the oils and butters you use in the kitchen. I like to use it for frying. Recently I heard it is great to use in smoothies too.
4. Hair Care: Coconut oil is wonderful to use as a pre-wash conditioner. It softens the hair and conditions the scalp. It can also help rid a person of dry scalp and dandruff issues.
5. Stress Relief: It can be used as a great massage oil and the wonderful aroma of coconuts is also very soothing.
6. Healing: Coconut oil can be soothing for skin irritations, rashes, etc. It is also rich in lauric acid, which is known for being anti-viral, antibacterial and anti-fungal
7. Sexy-time: Apparently some people even use coconut oil as a sexual lubricant (though, like with any oil based lubricant, you shouldn't use it with latex condoms).
*NOTE: Wellness Warehouse currently stocks 2 brands of organic virgin coconut oil - Crede and Kapruka. To buy some from the online store click HERE