Prepare the Sorghum
- Rinse 1 cup sorghum with water.
- Then put 3 cups of water into a pot. Add the rinsed sorghum and pinch of salt to taste.
- Bring the water to a boil and reduce the heat, cover and let the sorghum simmer for 50 ' 60 minutes, until it is soft.
- Drain the sorghum and discard any remaining liquid then set it aside.
Prepare the Spinach
- Saut' the onions in a bit of oil until translucent.
- Add your spinach and saut' for another 3 - 5 minutes.
- Mix all the other ingredients in a bowl until everything is integrated.
- Add the mixture to the saut'ed onions and spinach.
- Add the canned beans of your choice.
- Cook for about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and serve with cooked sorghum.
This recipe was supplied by Nikki Botha for Green Monday S.A
Green Monday is a fun, delicious and easy way to make a positive difference to your health and the health of our planet. Take part by swapping your dairy, eggs and meat with yummy plant-based alternatives every Monday. Studies show that people who eat fewer animal products have lower rates of obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis and cancer. Join Green Monday on www.greenmonday.co.za.
Photo Credit: House of Vision