This apricot slice from Amanda Sloan's Fresh Cuisine Recipe Book (available on Amazon) is free from gluten and sugar and is also vegan. It's a fulfilling dessert that's also easy on the tummy.
350 g fresh apricots
1 cup gluten free flour
100 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 cup cooked quinoa (white variety)
1 tbs pea flour, mixed with 3 tbs water
1 tsp baking powder
1. Chop up the apricots, remove pips and place in a saucepan with 1 cup of water.
2. Cover and bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes until the apricots are soft.
3. Remove from heat, stir well and leave to cool.
4. Combine the flour and baking powder then stir in the olive oil until you get a breadcrumb-like consistency.
5. Add the quinoa and pea flour mixture and mix together well.
6. Grease a baking tin (30 x 20cm) with olive oil and press three quarters of the mixture into the tin.
7. Spread the apricot mixture over the quinoa and then add the rest of the crumble mixture on top.
8. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes. Once it has cooled, cut into squares.
“Wellness Warehouse strives to help you live life well but because we are retailers and not medical practitioners we cannot offer medical advice. Please always consult your medical practitioner before taking any supplements, complementary medicines or have any health concerns and ensure that you always read labels, warnings and directions carefully, prior to consumption.”