We explore the health benefits of the humble coconut.
The humble coconut is in fact..
1. Highly nutritious, rich in fibre, and packed with essential vitamins and minerals.
2. Versatile! From culinary creations to beauty potions, coconut milk, water, oil and flesh have a myriad different uses.
3. Rich in nutrients that support immune system health. It's anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-parasitic.
4. A great natural source of quick energy that can enhance physical and athletic performance.
5. A helpful ally in improving the digestion and absorption of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
6. Able to improve insulin secretion and the symptoms associated with diabetes.
7. An important protector of the body against cancers (thanks to its ability to combat the free radicals that cause premature ageing and degenerative disease).
8. A useful helper in reducing the risk of heart disease and improving good cholesterol (HDL).
9. A natural supporter and restorer of thyroid function.
10. Helpful in promoting weight loss.
11. Great for keeping hair and skin healthy and youthful, preventing wrinkles, sagging skin and age spots, and providing sun protection.
THE BEST COCONUTS AROUND
We're proud to offer you the exclusive Kapthura organic coconut range straight from Sri Lanka.
'Kapthura' refers to the 'Tree of Vitality' in the native tongue of Sri Lanka. Sri Lankans revere the coconut tree as a sacred gift from Mother Nature, and the Kapthura brand believes in bringing all the goodness of coconuts directly from tree to table - preserving its nutrients at every stage of the process.
The range includes organic coconut milk, cream, creamer, flour, oil and chips as well as desiccated coconut and South Africa's only extra virgin coconut oil.