Items 1-44 of 187
- 17SepWhat's Fresh at Wellness?
Shop our in-store fresh offering to stock your fridge with vegan, organic, small-batch and other speciality health foods. We share a taste of two of our favourite local fresh suppliers for the month…
- The Fresh Approach: Introducing Numesa Kefir
At Wellness Warehouse, we believe in supporting and showcasing the best local suppliers.
We're spotlighting Numesa Kefir as part of our Fresh Approach campaign this month...
- 25JulRooibos & Honey
Wellness Ambassador and Yoga Instructor Joelle Sleebos reviews her current favourite teatime treat.
- 08JulShop Speciality Fresh Health Foods at Wellness
Visit our deli to stock up on everything from fresh juices and vegan dairy alternatives to innovative relishes, readymade meals and more.
Here are some of our favourites this month...
- 02JulHealth Hacks from the Yoga Kitchen
There are times when life can feel like a race against the clock, with a seemingly endless list of responsibilities to fulfill. While the prospect of making changes to your diet may seem overwhelming, if you don’t have time to eat well, you could waste even more time feeling unwell. The good news is that there are a few simple habits you can adopt to make cooking and eating for optimal wellbeing an easily ritualised part of your day and life. Here are some of our favourites…
- 15AprKnow Your Genes, Personalise Your Nutrition
Harness the power of nutritional genomics at Wellness Warehouse…
- 21JanStock Your Fridge With Goodness
Shop our in-store fresh offering to stock your fridge with vegan, organic, small-batch and other speciality health foods. Here’s a taster of what you’ll find…
- 09Jul11 Reasons to Ditch the Dairy
Your health concerns could be caused by the dairy in your diet. Here's why...
- 19JunKnow Your HoneyLike fine wines, different honeys have different flavours, aromas and appearances, and personal preferences play a large part in what you pick from the shelf. But often, when faced with many attractive options, it's difficult to tell the difference between one or the other. Raw. Natural. Unheated. Irradiated. Pure. Organic. Badger friendly. Choice grade. What do these terms actually mean and how important are they when it comes to honey?
- 28DecYour Guide to Going Vegan by Lara Potgieter
Veganism is on the increase globally, with the lifestyle showing an explosion over the past three years. A rising awareness of the health impact of eating meat and dairy coupled with consumer awareness around ethically produced and environmentally sustainable food is to thank for the landslide movement.
- 21DecKnow Your Food Label by Kirsten AlexanderIf reading labels and ingredient lists seem confusing, this guide will help decode things like serving sizes, NRV's, nutrition claims and truths about fat and sugar content.
- 28SepSweet Potato Chocolate BrowniesThis chocolate brownie recipe is from Izelle Hoffman, an inspiring chef with a mission. Her charity organisation I'Mpossible oversees initiatives for underprivileged people around South Africa, focusing on nutrition, education, sports development and environmental sustainability.
- 28SepSavvy SundayEating smart is all about being prepared. We take Sunday to prepare a balanced and nutritious menu for the week. Knowing you have a stack of healthy options prepared from Monday to Friday means a power week of good eating. This week-long menu is a mix and match of synergy, with five elements making up each dish. It's a formula that cuts out the hassle of wondering what to prepare. You simply use one ingredient from each of the five elements to create your delicious feast. All the ingredients are interchangeable, so you can be as creative as you like. Plate your dish by starting with your grain, then add your vegetable, spread, sprouts and seeds and top with your relish.
- 28SepPasta with a PunchThis recipe uses a pasta alternative that's made purely from chickpeas! Chickpeas are legumes - little pods of superfood goodness that are jam-packed with plant protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals.
- 28AugDrink Your GreensWhether you're just starting to experiment with spinach in the blender or are already happily adding hemp, wheatgrass and spirulina to every smoothie, you're no doubt aware of the myriad benefits of getting as many greens into your morning drink as possible.
- 28AugFood for Fitness - by Hayley CimringOne of the most common questions for a dietitian is, "What should I eat before and after a workout?" While the answer often depends on the athlete and activity, some common truths apply for pre- and post-workout nutrition whether you're a weekend warrior or a seasoned veteran.
- 28AugFlexi Foodies - by Kirsten Alexander
There are so many lifestyle and dietary choices to make - how do you know which is best for you? We look at flexitarianism - a plant-based lifestyle with the occasional inclusion of ethically sourced meat.
- 28AugPowered by Plants - Gary te RollerPlant-based health coach, endurance athlete and our September cover model Gary te Roller is passionate about helping people nourish their bodies and move toward their maximum potential. The picture of health, he certainly walks the talk. We uncover the secrets behind his success.
- 28AugDigestion Diet
If you've ever suffered from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), this useful guide could pinpoint some of the foods that may trigger your symptoms. Although FODMAPs sounds pretty complicated, it's simply an acronym for the foods that can cause IBS symptoms.
- 24Jul4 Supplements to Balance Blood Sugar Levels & CravingsYour body needs blood sugar ' in fact your brain runs on it. Take note though: the sugar your brain needs isn't the same sugar you put in your tea ' it's the glucose created when food is broken down in your system. When blood sugar is low, you tend to feel a bit fuzzy, battle to concentrate and can be irritable. Because humans are geared for survival, low blood sugar levels lead to cravings ' your body knows you need an injection of sugar, fast. Your brain will often look for the quickest source of energy, and that might be an unhealthy high-calorie doughnut. With this quick sugar injection, you'll just as quickly get the low ' meaning you'll crave another high energy snack and it can become an unhealthy cycle of cravings and sugar slumps.
- 24Jul6 Ways To Quit Sugar - by Kirsten AlexanderFrom mind-sets and myth-busting to emotions and mood; we unpack the various ways you can effectively manage your relationship with sugar.
- 24JulSweet As Can Be - by Kirsten AlexanderFrom blackstrap molasses to lucuma, we take you through our top ten sugar substitutes and how to best use them in your daily meals.
- 24JulTaste Your Way to Health - by Lara PotgieterOur sense of taste helps us identify toxins and maintain nutrition. It's a sense that's meant to act as guidance for our survival. Researchers gauge that taste came into being about 500 million years ago, when creatures developed the ability to sense prey in the ocean, determine whether it was edible and have the perception of enjoyment. We look more deeply into the different tastes and why it's important to include each taste in your diet.
- 29JunNatural Anti-bioticsIf you'd like to keep yourself absolutely healthy during wintertime you may want to take some natural antibiotics. There are many herbs and foods that have powerful antibiotic, anti-fungal and antibacterial effects that are easy to make part of your daily routine. We look at garlic, Echinacea, colloidal silver and Pau D'arco. These natural solutions have deep healing attributes and are hard working preventive options.
- 27JunPlant ProteinWe take an in-depth look at plant protein and how you can seamlessly cut meat from your diet while still getting all the protein you need to keep healthy
- 27JunDairy AlternativesIf you are moving away from dairy, you might want some help finding alternatives. Below is a list of delicious options and an explanation of reasons people choose not to eat or drink dairy.
- 26MayFabulous FermentsNot everyone is an immediate fan of fermented foods like kimchi and kraut. Knowing what to eat them with can make all the difference. If you've heard about the probiotic and overall health benefits of the fermented veggies but are not quite sure what to do with them, we're here to help!
- 24MayImmune Boosting Chicken Soup
Chicken soup has a standing ovation in the food performance Oscars. There's good reason for it too. Research has found all sorts of benefits that make it one of the smartest meals to keep the body fortified against colds or flu. Marlien Wright, author of The Yoga Kitchen (Jacana) offers us a recipe filled with vitamins and goodness.
- 24MayEarly Morning DigestionSet your morning up with a meal that soothes your digestion. From blueberries and apples, kefir and chia, to flax seed and salmon, we bring you tummy-loving recipes.
- 21AprPractising ExclusionWe look at the benefits, the dangers and the purpose of exclusion dieting, and how eliminating foods can help you live a more balanced life and aid in a supportive relationship with food.
- 26AprBuilding Bone Broth
Bone broth is easy to prepare at home, very inexpensive and a simple way to fill up on important nutrients. It may not sound immediately appealing, but bone broth has become the latest superfood that's both tasty and packed with health benefits.
- 04AprHemp HappinessValued since ancient times, hemp grows like a weed, yet it can be used for virtually everything in our daily lives. Food, personal care products, textiles, paper, construction materials and even health. So what does one of the oldest crops in the world have to do with helping you live life well? Explore some more'Valued since ancient times, hemp grows like a weed, yet it can be used for virtually everything in our daily lives. Food, personal care products, textiles, paper, construction materials and even health. So what does one of the oldest crops in the world have to do with helping you live life well? Explore some more'
- 31MarTracing your MineralsHave you ever seen a dog licking sand? It's because of the minerals that are found in the earth. If you didn't pay attention during science class in school, you may have missed the periodic table ' but it's actually quite important to your everyday health. Minerals are basically elements (like magnesium, iron, chromium, etc.) and they make up everything ' the universe as well as you.
- 30MarForaging for FoodAre you aware of the wealth of nutritious fodder that's hiding in plain sight all around you? Would you consider forgoing the supermarket and going back to your gatherer roots?
- 30MarIngredients to Love
Improving your health often involves learning about new ingredients and how to enjoy their benefits in your daily life. We take a look at three of our favourite healthful additions this month.
- 26AprFood Force
If you had to design the ultimate 'high on nutrition' green juice or smoothie for maximum daily healing power, what would it be? We ask a nutritional chef, a wellness coach and a naturopath for their favourite healing elixirs.
- 23FebEmbrace a Sugar-Free LifestyleGoing sugar-free can help you maintain a healthy weight, improve your concentration, increase your energy, stabilise your mood, balance your hormones, and more.
- 23FebGluten-Free in a Jiffy
Going gluten-free is easier than you think. Take action towards better health for yourself and your family by preparing quick meals and snacks free from the health-impairing substance.