Items 1-12 of 178
- 15AprKnow Your Genes, Personalise Your Nutrition
Harness the power of nutritional genomics at Wellness Warehouse…
- 21JanStock Your Fridge With Goodness
Shop our in-store fresh offering to stock your fridge with vegan, organic, small-batch and other speciality health foods. Here’s a taster of what you’ll find…
- 09Jul11 Reasons to Ditch the Dairy
Your health concerns could be caused by the dairy in your diet. Here's why...
- 19JunKnow Your HoneyLike fine wines, different honeys have different flavours, aromas and appearances, and personal preferences play a large part in what you pick from the shelf. But often, when faced with many attractive options, it's difficult to tell the difference between one or the other. Raw. Natural. Unheated. Irradiated. Pure. Organic. Badger friendly. Choice grade. What do these terms actually mean and how important are they when it comes to honey?
- 28DecYour Guide to Going Vegan by Lara Potgieter
Veganism is on the increase globally, with the lifestyle showing an explosion over the past three years. A rising awareness of the health impact of eating meat and dairy coupled with consumer awareness around ethically produced and environmentally sustainable food is to thank for the landslide movement.
- 21DecKnow Your Food Label by Kirsten AlexanderIf reading labels and ingredient lists seem confusing, this guide will help decode things like serving sizes, NRV's, nutrition claims and truths about fat and sugar content.
- 28SepSweet Potato Chocolate BrowniesThis chocolate brownie recipe is from Izelle Hoffman, an inspiring chef with a mission. Her charity organisation I'Mpossible oversees initiatives for underprivileged people around South Africa, focusing on nutrition, education, sports development and environmental sustainability.
- 28SepSavvy SundayEating smart is all about being prepared. We take Sunday to prepare a balanced and nutritious menu for the week. Knowing you have a stack of healthy options prepared from Monday to Friday means a power week of good eating. This week-long menu is a mix and match of synergy, with five elements making up each dish. It's a formula that cuts out the hassle of wondering what to prepare. You simply use one ingredient from each of the five elements to create your delicious feast. All the ingredients are interchangeable, so you can be as creative as you like. Plate your dish by starting with your grain, then add your vegetable, spread, sprouts and seeds and top with your relish.
- 28SepPasta with a PunchThis recipe uses a pasta alternative that's made purely from chickpeas! Chickpeas are legumes - little pods of superfood goodness that are jam-packed with plant protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals.
- 28AugDrink Your GreensWhether you're just starting to experiment with spinach in the blender or are already happily adding hemp, wheatgrass and spirulina to every smoothie, you're no doubt aware of the myriad benefits of getting as many greens into your morning drink as possible.
- 28AugFood for Fitness - by Hayley CimringOne of the most common questions for a dietitian is, "What should I eat before and after a workout?" While the answer often depends on the athlete and activity, some common truths apply for pre- and post-workout nutrition whether you're a weekend warrior or a seasoned veteran.
- 28AugFlexi Foodies - by Kirsten Alexander
There are so many lifestyle and dietary choices to make - how do you know which is best for you? We look at flexitarianism - a plant-based lifestyle with the occasional inclusion of ethically sourced meat.