Items 1-44 of 96
- 01AprYour Natural Facial Care Regime
Stock your beauty cabinet with gentle and effective natural facial care products to purify, hydrate, soothe, treat and heal your skin without the harmful ingredients, toxins and chemicals. Here’s what you’ll need for your daily regime…
- 30JulYounger Looking SkinHonour yourself by looking after your whole body, not just to look good, but to feel good and live a longer, happier life. Food, lifestyle and behaviour have an effect on what you look like; the saying 'you are what you eat' certainly has a ring of truth to it.
- 20SepWinter Beauty Guide
You may find that your skin and hair need a bit of extra TLC during the winter. The chilly air and winds combined with indoor heating can leave you with rough, flaky skin, and dry, lacklustre locks. Try these nourishing natural beauty rituals, products and ingredients to winter-proof your skin and hair…
- 31JulWinter BeautyDuring the winter months we have a tendency to layer up, cover up and settle in. Your make-up and beauty routine is one aspect of your life that need not hibernate. Read on for 15 beauty tips to inspire your grooming routine.
- 12AugWellness Green Tea SpritzerThe amazing antioxidant power of green tea isn't only good for you on the inside. Use this anti-ageing spritzer if your skin's feeling dehydrated by heating at home or in the office.
- 12AugWellness Coconut ScrubThis all natural coconut exfoliator really is good enough to eat. It's best made just before you use it.
- 26JunWe Love ArnicaWe chose Arnica as our celebrated product for our Energise issue.
- 07JanWalk this way by Catherine HaydenSummer foot care tips
- 29JanTURNING MINDFULNESS INTO KINDFULNESS5 and a half ways kindness can improve your life
- 28MayTuck, lift or fill?Celebrities are under extra scrutiny these days with countless 'before' and 'after' pictures alongside debates as to what vanity work they might have done on their faces. With botox and fillers now becoming much easier to access and more affordable, there is a huge upward trend in the amount of people taking advantage of these anti-ageing innovations. Some of our celebrities look distorted and unnatural and others simply look fabulous. Having heard that fillers, unlike botox, use a macromolecule similar to the Hyaluronic acid naturally occurring in the body, we asked Dr Joseph J Huskisson, more about the process and the possibilities.
- 23FebThe Shape of ShampooWe've all seen the shampoo ads ' a woman with long, shiny locks who emerges from her bedroom looking like she's just had a whole team of hairdressers attending to her. Beautiful hair is something most people want to achieve; here's how to get the most out of your shampoo routine.
- 30JunTHE ROOT OF BEAUTY by Kirsten AlexanderWe're all for natural beauty ' but that doesn't mean you can't get a little additional help from Mother Nature; here we showcase top to toe green beauty; essential green products and tips you'll thank us for
- 30AugTHE PRINCIPLES OF YOUTH by Dr Kevin LentinGrowing older can be disease free, energising and liberating. All it takes is breaking degenerative practices, ideas and thoughts and following a lifestyle that feeds youthfulness. Dr Kevin Lentin shares some of the principles of youth.
- 01JanThe 5 - Day Green Juice Challenge
It’s all the rage right now, and we tried it to see if there’s good reason why so many people are opting for just juice to optimise health, detoxify and make fundamental changes to their bodies.
- 28NovSunny SuggestionsSummer is here and the time to enjoy SA's great outdoors. But while you're having fun in the sun, your hair and skin will be needing a little extra TLC. Here are some easy ideas to help you look and feel great.
- 07JanSun KissedIt's almost that splendid time of year when worries melt away like lemon drops, salt water and sea sand beckon and the smell of coconut lingers in the air. Even if you're not leaving home for the holidays, there's one vital season must-have to imprint your holiday memories ' a glorious sun-kissed skin, of course!
- 31OctSUN DANCE by Kirsten Alexander
It's vital to get your vitamin D and what better place to start than the sun ' but in the process make sure you are protected from harmful UV rays
- 03OctSummer Skin Savers
It’s time to face the sun! Makeup artist Debbie Ellis shares her top skincare tips and products for the warmer weather.
- 30OctSummer BodyWith summer in full swing and the festive season fast approaching, it's definitely time to get your body ready for the obligatory skimpy beach or party wear our gorgeous climate demands.
- 03NovSummer BeautyRather than a strict detox that's hard to stick to, follow some natural cleansing guidelines ' you may want to make some of them into permanent lifestyle practices.
- 31MarStep-by-StepSmooth beautiful feet is the end objective with our concise guide to banishing cracked heals and dry feet using natural remedies and solutions.
- 30MarSOAK IT UPBathing is a cure-all for almost anything. It soaks away a bad mood, relaxes a crazy day, inspires dreamy ideas, and renews a jaded disposition. Give your bath extra purpose by adding a bit of therapy. Here's what to add.
- 31JanSmooth Flawless Skin for Life by Esosa E. (also known as 'Raw Girl')Having great skin can boost your confidence, mood, and energy. As someone who suffered from acne, I know firsthand what it feels like to be self-conscious in social situations or professional settings, all because of blemishes on my face. When dealing with acne whether chronic, or minor but consistent flare-ups, the first step to change is getting fed up with not looking and feeling your best. After that you may choose to consult a doctor or dermatologist who will most likely prescribe you a range of lotions, creams, or even hormones to try to control your symptoms. While medical advice is always essential, prescriptions tend to put a temporary band-aid and it's important to address the root problem. If you are truly serious about achieving that seemingly effortless natural glow, here are a few tips I learned from my own journey that helped me achieve flawless skin in the long term.
- 28MaySkin RenewalThe idea of putting a roller fitted with little needles across your face repeatedly until it is red and angry sounds absurd but the latest leading skin treatments is finding incredible results doing just that. It's called skin needling and is administered by a qualified doctor. We visited Skin Renewal in the Cape Quarter in Cape Town to find out more.
- 19AugSKIN CARE TIPS to make a difference by Skye Forrester
Let's face it
There's nothing worse than the state of your skin interfering with your confidence. We all have those bad skin days ' in fact, acne is probably more common than you think. But, did you know that the condition of your skin is closely linked to your circulation, liver and digestive system? Following these simple, natural remedies, will bring you closer to a balanced you and healthier looking skin.
- 06JulSKIN ALLERGIES
Many people have skin allergies, we look at common culprits that cause allergies and how to counter the effects.
- 31JulScents, sensibility & skinYou will be drawn to the kinds of smells that are naturally healing for you. If you find the smell of cinnamon especially irresistible, you could be a 'cinnamon personality'. Cinnamon personalities tend to more physical and emotional than mental.
- 28SepSassy Summer Skin
Bring out your glow and feel amazing with a dose of self-love and some good skincare tips. Treat yourself with totally natural products or make your own from skin enriching ingredients like argan oil, avocado, oats, yoghurt, honey, lemon and more. There's so much to be said for the ritual of nurturing, and our advice is to fall in love with pampering yourself.
- 23SepPure BlissPeople visit spas for many different reasons ' for some it's an essential part of life, while for others it's only for very special occasions. However Spa visits fit into your routine, there's an undeniable happiness effect that surrounds every visit.
- 29MarPure Beauty Rules by Lara PotgieterBeing truly beautiful can include caring for your body, mind and spirit in a way that respects the earth and all its beings.
- 30AugPure Beauty Rules
There are so many reasons to replace your chemical-laden personal care products with equally effective natural alternatives. Natural products work with (rather than against) the skin, don't make use of the harmful parabens that can alter the functions of your body's endocrine system, show the best results over the long term, and are better for the environment to boot.
- 26AprPregnant and Staying Fit!
We ask our cover model Nandy Alexander a few questions about being pregnant and staying fit.
- 06JulPRACTICE SELF LOVESo many issues revolve around a lack of self-acceptance. It's important to spend time making peace with your body and how you look. Exploring your attributes, appreciating the wonder of your body and paying attention to how you present yourself to the world is something everyone can benefit from. Here are some ways you can nurture your being.
- 30JanPOLISH & SCRUB by Kirsten AlexanderFrom sugar scrubs to oatmeal rubs and rice powder exfoliation we look at what you need to rev up your circulation and create beautiful polished skin.
- 01AprPlant a beauty gardenRead the labels on your favourite beauty products, and you will notice the active components come from herbs, plants and flowers. Many of these plants can easily be grown in your garden and made up into effective beauty products.
- 23SepPearly White WisdomEveryone has the ability to smile and flash their teeth, whether straight, skew, white or slightly yellowed, in an expression of glee, happiness, delight, love and laughter ' a smile is one of the myriad facial expression that crosses all language, cultural and age boundaries.
- 31JulPaleo skin?Paleo or not, many of us spend a lot of time focusing on eating well. We may avoid sugar, grains, alcohol, carbs, artificial flavourants and colourants, or all of the above, because we care for our bodies and want to nourish them with only the best foods. Can we say the same about what we put on our skin, though?
- 26SepOutsmart your cravingsWhy is it that sometimes you can be confronted with the dessert table at a wedding but you remain the poster-child of abstention, while at another time all you can think about is the sugary, salty or fatty indulgence calling your name?
- 19AprOn Beauty by Skye ForresterOur 5 top beauty practices include a night-time ritual of applying essential oils to your feet, natural stain removal for teeth, and the benefits and usage of an array of natural skin products including Aloe Vera, activated charcoal and sunscreen.
- 30AprOil CleansingRave reports from beauty buffs using oils as a facial cleansing routine can't be ignored. Rather than detergent or soap-based cleansers, oils are said to keep the skins natural balance, dissolve impurities and add fabulous moisturising and nourishing attributes.
- 06JulOCULUS - an evolution in eyewear
Whether you're a raging extrovert, function junkie, high on the nerd scale, a wilting wallflower, or simply a little quirky, you'll find a pair to suit you.
- 01JanNaturally You
There are numerous buzz words within the natural beauty realm – from nutraceuticals to botanicals – we guide you on how to ensure you’re doing the very best for your skin and beauty.