Items 1-12 of 96
- 02JulMove from the Heart
We ask a personal trainer and motivational speaker how to make exercise truly enjoyable.
- 01JanFelling Inspired With Ballet
Cape Town professional ballerina Laura Bosenberg is a principal dancer in the Cape Town City Ballet and the perfect person to inspire a fit and flexible body.
- 11OctYoga Retreat with Roxy LouwIn November 2014, when photographing Roxy for our November issue cover, I would never have guessed nearly four years later I'd be doing sun salutations in a wooden forest cabin with her as my yoga instructor.
- 11OctTuning Into Self AwarenessBringing a beautiful accessible spirit into the practice of yoga is the spritely and sparkly personality behind Chloe Guiherme. Organised, determined and yet softly yielding Chloe has the perfect sensibility to encourage any aspiring student. Having come from a corporate background, she's put yoga into an e-book, a retreat, practical online classes and a support function to boot. I recently attended one of her retreats and left with some amazing tips on how to meditate, a handful of nutrition pointers and a huge amount of inspiration.
- 11OctYoga, Movement & Pilates In JoziWe laud the art of movement in all its forms through six fabulous studios in Jozi. From yoga to Pilates, dance and barre, get your body into gear.
- 11OctFind Your Balance With Tai ChiWhat does exercise mean today? In an age of intense disciplines like Bikram, Cross Fit, boxing and Sweat1000 classes, one might feel exhausted just naming the discipline. Each decade seems to play host to a different approach, with aerobics and speed walking some of the unwilling stragglers of the past.
- 29MarDrop in Deeply by Robyn WilkinsonYoga is a global mass movement practiced by more and more people worldwide. We look at what the physical aspect of yoga has to offer and why everyone is getting hooked. We also explain some of the principles behind the practice from asanas to pranayama.
- 29MarClose to the Bone by Kirsten Alexander
Have you ever given much thought to your bones? They're a vital part of your body's structure and as with every other aspect of your physical health, bone health must be considered.
- 10JulSeaside SurrenderA weekend yoga retreat with Joelle Sleebos
- 28SepGet Up and MoveIf ageing gracefully is important to you and you want mental clarity and protection against cognitive and physical decline in later years, get up and start moving. Nick da Silva specialises in mobility training, and inspires us towards an active life by looking at research showing how important physical activity is when it comes to preventing cognitive decline.