Items 1-12 of 54
- 01JanSante Wellness Retreat & Spa
A stone’s throw from Cape Town, the charming winelands town of Paarl is home to a new wellbeing destination that’s already delighting locals and visitors alike.
- 11OctYoga Retreat with Roxy LouwIn November 2014, when photographing Roxy for our November issue cover, I would never have guessed nearly four years later I'd be doing sun salutations in a wooden forest cabin with her as my yoga instructor.
- 11OctGoing Gaia
Sure you put your garbage out once a week for collection but who actually thinks about where it goes and how much you generate. It's phenomenal. Imagine taking a year of garbage bags and keeping them in your house. It would fill your entire house to the brim. Then imagine all the millions of people in your city and the collective amounts of trash we generate. Focusing on radically reducing your trash can make a huge difference to land fills. Here are a few pointers to get you going.
- 10JulSeaside SurrenderA weekend yoga retreat with Joelle Sleebos
- 28SepSucculent SavvyYou don't need a lot of space or water to grow something beautiful. Get the whole family involved in creating a low-maintenance succulent planter with euphorbias in an array of different colours and varieties.
- 28SepGoing Green in Greyton
A mere 90-minute drive from Cape Town, the quaint little village of Greyton is fast earning itself a reputation as a soughtafter weekend getaway destination. Surrounded by the mountains and farmlands of the Cape Overberg, the postcard-worthy town sports gravel roads, gorgeous gardens and beautifully restored thatched roof cottages. The people are refreshingly friendly, and there is almost always an accompanying dog, duck, cat, cow or donkey in tow to welcome you too.
- 29AugTree Time - by Lara PotgieterWe all know that trees provide oxygen, clean the air and combat climate change. We're grateful for their wood and food, and value their importance as home to an array of animals. What we don't always think of is that they also conserve energy, save water, help prevent soil erosion, increase property value and heal in ways both subtle and profound.
- 24JulLovely Lavender - by Lara PotgieterWe sit down with our local expert and plant-passionate guide, Starke Ayres Garden Centre Manager Richard Morris to enjoy a pot of soothing lavender tea and explore the fascinating history of the fragrant flower. Use lavender to calm, refresh and heal yourself and your space.
- 29JunPeace in Paradise - by Camilla Marsh
There's no better way to relish the benefits of rest and relaxation than at a boutique yoga retreat in paradise. The Paradise Retreat, run by local lady turned Australian, Rachi Perera, is a seven day programme of yoga, spa dates, surf lessons and so much more, set between the sunny shorelines of Sri Lanka.
- 29JunBring on The Birds
Attracting birds to your garden is an easy and affordable way to enliven your environment.
- 26MayLemon Love'When life gives you lemons, you can do so much more than just make lemonade,' quips Starke Ayres Rosebank Garden Centre Manager Richard Morris as he stops to admire one of the centre's baby lemon trees. We're visiting the urban oasis to learn how to grow a lemon tree, but end up in a lengthy conversation about the myriad lesser-known uses of the wonder fruit.
- 28AprColour Coding - by Lara PotgieterColour is an energy or vibrational tool that can be useful for selfawareness. We went on a journey to see how we can use colour to help us reach our full potential.