Items 1-12 of 205
- 01AprHealthy, Happy Habits
A habit is a behaviour that has been repeated enough times to become automatic. A mental shortcut learned from experience, if you will. As behavioural scientist Jason Hreha shares, “Habits are, simply, reliable solutions to recurring problems in our environment.”
- 01AprFatigue: Our Experts Weigh In
We ask our in-store health consultants for their advice on combatting fatigue in daily life.
- 01AprThe Fundamental Five
Overwhelmed by the wide choice of vitamins, minerals, herbs and tinctures suggested for daily use? We simplify the world of supplements by looking at the five most important companions for overall health: detoxifiers, inflammation fighters, alkalisers, antioxidants and gut healers.
- 01AprJoin The Clean Fitness Revolution
Conventional sports supplements can contain artificial ingredients and unhealthy fillers, without any scientifically backed actives. Switch to cleaner supplementation with natural strength and endurance boosters.
- 01JanMorning Routine
If the thought of waking up with the birds makes you yawn, taking advice from the ancients can help you burst into the day with joy and energy.
- 01JanThe Magic of Meditation
Meditation is hailed by many as the ultimate ‘medicine for the mind’, with practitioners reporting far-reaching positive effects on their mental and physical health as well as general quality of life. Learn more about incorporating the practice into your life to access the peace and clarity that can only be accessed in the here and now.
- 01JanSleep Solutions
Sound sleep is one of the most important factors contributing to our overall wellbeing. Yet more than half the world’s adult population reports not getting enough of it. We guide you through some well- and lesser-known ways to get the shut-eye you’ve always dreamed of…
While sleep requirements vary slightly from person to person, most healthy adults need between seven and nine hours per night to function at their best.
- 01JanChilled Out Children
Mindfulness is becoming common practice in schools across the globe, with studies reporting reduced stress and enhanced mental performance as a result. Over 5 000 UK teachers have been trained in the teaching of mindfulness, and 2017 saw the roll-out of a mindfulness curriculum in numerous schools across the US. There is no doubt this approach can benefit South African children, too – particularly in light of the unique set of challenges with which many are faced, both at school and at home.
Mindfulness is a calm state achieved by focusing one’s awareness on the present moment while gently acknowledging and accepting one’s thoughts, feelings and bodily sensations without judgment.
- 01Jan10 Superfoods For Radiant Wellbeing
Whether you’d like to boost your immunity, increase your energy, elevate your mood or simply make a delicious smoothie, we’ve got a superfood for you.
- 01JanSante Wellness Retreat & Spa
A stone’s throw from Cape Town, the charming winelands town of Paarl is home to a new wellbeing destination that’s already delighting locals and visitors alike.
- 11DecA Message from the HeartAs 2018 draws to a close and we prepare for the festive break, we're presented with a wonderful opportunity to reflect on the year that's been.
- 11OctDeep Breath, Here Comes A MassageSituated in Craighall, Johannesburg set apart from the outside traffic and busy roads is a little escape, a retreat centre that, once through the gates, you feel like you are away in the country. This is an urban escape you don't have to travel very far to get to. Hands-on Retreat has a bubbling brook running through the property, has separate wooden massage cubicles and relaxation gazebos on the expansive grounds and a deck overlooking the gardens where some of the massages take place. Couples needing a romantic break, new mothers wanting to catch up on sleep, girlie sister circles and busy executives all converge here to reset and recuperate. It has a dining area serving meals, sleep-over accommodation and is available for quick pop in visits as well.