- In a small bowl , mix the baobab powder and cinnamon.
- Brew the rooibos tea with about 4 cups of almost-boiling water.
- Allow to cool slightly (+/- 5 minutes) and add to the baobab and cinnamon.
- Add the thyme and mint and give it a minute to steep.
- Add the honey then squeeze in the lemon and stir .
- Pour into mugs through a tea strainer or sieve (or use a big spoon to hold the loose ingredients back and pour slowly).
Baobab powder is a nutrient-dense wholefood packed with vitamin C, calcium, potassium, magnesium and fibre which also acts as a prebiotic.
Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and antioxidant properties (be sure to use non-irradiated Ceylon cinnamon).
Honey is anti-bacterial, effective at fighting infections, and soothing a sore throat (make sure it's raw honey).
Thyme reduces inflammation in the throat and helps soothe an itchy cough thanks to its anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and spasmolytic properties.
Mint can help alleviate inflammation and the temperature spike associated with headaches.
Lemons are alkalising, helping to balance the body's PH and fight illness. They are also anti-bacterial, and of course are rich in Vitamin C.