3 teaspoons olive oil
1 (700g) pork shoulder roast (boneless if possible)
½ teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 onions, sliced
½ cup broth or stock of choice (we love the gluten-free Wellness veggie stock powder)
¼ cup organic apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground allspice
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
5 cups fresh chopped kale
1 teaspoon organic coconut oil
400g baby rainbow carrots
2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon organic coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 160˚C
- Place a Dutch oven or large casserole dish over medium high heat, add 2 teaspoons olive oil and warm through, swirling pan to coat.
- Sprinkle and rub the pork with salt and pepper so that all sides are coated. Add pork to pan and cook for 5-7 minutes to brown on all sides. Remove pork and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoons olive oil in Dutch oven and add onion, sauté 5 minutes until onion begins to brown.
- Add broth, ¼ cup apple cider vinegar, cumin, allspice and garlic. Bring to the boil and add the pork. Cover and roast in the oven for 1½ hours. Add kale and cover, baking for another 30 minutes.
- Warm coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add carrots and cook until they begin to soften – around 3 minutes. Add 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and coconut sugar and cook until sugar dissolves and liquid is reduced.
- Remove pork, onions and kale from oven, spoon over apples and serve.
“Wellness Warehouse strives to help you live life well but because we are retailers and not medical practitioners we cannot offer medical advice. Please always consult your medical practitioner before taking any supplements, complementary medicines or have any health concerns and ensure that you always read labels, warnings and directions carefully, prior to consumption.”