This soup is perfect for a starter, or a light lunch. Use organic carrots as their nutritional value is much higher and they are usually very affordable. Gluten,grain & dairy free. Vegan friendly and paleo friendly
2 Red Onions
3 cloves of garlic
1 400g tin of coconut milk
2 tablespoons of red curry paste
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 tablespoon of finely grated fresh ginger
Salt to taste
3 cups vegetable stock
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
Large roasted peanuts & spicy chilli sauce to garnish (optional)
1. Wash, peel and cut the carrots into 4 cm thick slices.
2. Heat some coconut oil in a soup pot and fry the onions until soft.
3. Add the carrots, crushed garlic and ginger, stirring frquently for a further five minutes.
4. Add the stock, coconut milk, red curry paste and salt, and cook for 35 minutes.
5. Remove the soup from the heat and let cool for two minutes.
6. Add the peanut butter and blitz with a hand blender until a smooth consistency is reached.
7. Serve with a drizzle of spicy sauce (optional), and garnish with roasted peanuts.