• 2 TBSP garam masala
• 800 g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2 cm pieces
• 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
• 400 ml Rude Health Cashew Drink
• 2 TBSP tamarind paste
• 1 onion (red or white)
• 2 cloves garlic
• Coconut or groundnut oil
• Toasted coconut flakes, lemon wedges for sqeezing over the curry, fresh coriander or toasted cashews, and brown rice or chapatis to serve.
1. Peel and finely chop the onion.
2. Finely slice two cloves of garlic.
3. Heat a little oil in a large saucepan.
4. Add the onion and garlic and a good pinch of salt, and cook for 10 minutes until soft and sweet.
5. Add the garam masala and cook for another few minutes.
6. Add the sweet potato, tinned tomatoes, cashew drink and tamarind with a good pinch of salt, and allow this to simmer on a low heat for 20 - 30 minutes, until the sweet potato is cooked and the sauce is rich and thick.
7. Taste and add more salt and/or tamarind if needed.
8. Divide between four bowls and serve with brown rice or chapatis, topping with the add-ons if you like.
“Wellness Warehouse strives to help you live life well but because we are retailers and not medical practitioners we cannot offer medical advice. Please always consult your medical practitioner before taking any supplements, complementary medicines or have any health concerns and ensure that you always read labels, warnings and directions carefully, prior to consumption.”