1 cup strong chamomile infusion
1 cup freshly squeezed naartjie juice
5 TBSP local honey or agave
0.5 cup arrowroot flour
1 TBSP lemon juice
2 TBSP agar-agar powder
10 drops CBD oil
100g raw dark chocolate
1. Combine the cooled chamomile infusion with the naartjie juice.
2. In a medium-sized pot, heat 1.5 cups of the liquid until it boils. Then, mix in the honey or agave and reduce the heat to the lowest level.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the arrowroot with the remaining 0.5 cup of liquid and the lemon juice, whisking until it is smooth and well combined.
4. Pour the mixture into the pot, whisking briskly. It will become thick quickly, so keep stirring as you go.
5. Sprinkle the agar-agar powder on top, and whisk again vigorously until it is completely mixed in.
6. Remove the mixture from the heat, add the CBD, and whisk again until it is well combined.
7. Pour it into a lined tin and refrigerate it overnight to allow it to set.
8. Once the chamomile and naartjie mixture has set, cut it into bite-sized squares.
9. For the chocolate coating, melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in a bowl over a pot of boiling water. Don't let the chocolate get too hot, it should just melt.
10. Dip your chamomile and naartjie squares in the chocolate, making sure your chocolate is not too warm.
11. Once the chocolate has set, enjoy your indulgent. calming treats.
“Wellness Warehouse strives to help you live life well but because we are retailers and not medical practitioners we cannot offer medical advice. Please always consult your medical practitioner before taking any supplements, complementary medicines or have any health concerns and ensure that you always read labels, warnings and directions carefully, prior to consumption.”