- Preheat the oven to 180° and line a 20 cm square baking tin with baking paper.
- Combine the almond meal, cacao, arrowroot and baking powder in a bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, syrup and water, then pour into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Set aside to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Pulse the shredded coconut with the boiling water and peppermint extract in a food processor until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the coconut oil and continue to pulse until combined.
- Press the mixture onto the cooled base and refrigerate for about 30 minutes, or freeze for about 10 minutes, to set.
- Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate, whisking well until all the chocolate is melted.
- Set aside to cool and thicken slightly.
- When the ganache has cooled, you may need to whisk it again briefly before pouring it over the mint filling.
- Return to the fridge until set.
- Cut into squares before serving
“Wellness Warehouse strives to help you live life well but because we are retailers and not medical practitioners we cannot offer medical advice. Please always consult your medical practitioner before taking any supplements, complementary medicines or have any health concerns and ensure that you always read labels, warnings and directions carefully, prior to consumption.”