- Cut your eggplant into round disks about 1cm in width. Massage each one with a small amount of olive oil, just enough to cover each slice.
- Put all the pieces of egg plant flat around the baking dish and grill them for about 10 minutes then turn and grill another 5 minutes. You may need two baking dishes so each piece has space to lie flat.
- Once cooked, put them in a blender and blend them into a mash.
- Make breadcrumbs out of your chosen bread. Do this by toasting the bread and blending into crumbs.
- Add the crumbs to your eggplant mash. Beat the egg and add that too, then the yeast flakes (or Pecorino cheese), garlic, basil, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Roll your mixture into about 20 balls and bake in an oven on 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
- Serve them with a homemade tomato sauce and ricotta cheese.
“Wellness Warehouse strives to help you live life well but because we are retailers and not medical practitioners we cannot offer medical advice. Please always consult your medical practitioner before taking any supplements, complementary medicines or have any health concerns and ensure that you always read labels, warnings and directions carefully, prior to consumption.”