- Cut your eggplant into round disks about 1cm in width. Massage each one with a small amount of olive oil, just enough to cover each slice.
- Put all the pieces of egg plant flat around the baking dish and grill them for about 10 minutes then turn and grill another 5 minutes. You may need two baking dishes so each piece has space to lie flat.
- Once cooked, put them in a blender and blend them into a mash.
- Make breadcrumbs out of your chosen bread. Do this by toasting the bread and blending into crumbs.
- Add the crumbs to your eggplant mash. Beat the egg and add that too, then the yeast flakes (or Pecorino cheese), garlic, basil, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Roll your mixture into about 20 balls and bake in an oven on 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
- Serve them with a homemade tomato sauce and ricotta cheese.