2 peaches, stones removed
½ cup Greek yoghurt
4 tsp pistachios, roughly chopped
Raspberries or other berries of your choice (for garnishing)
FOR THE CRUMBLE
2 natural rice cakes, chopped
2 red apples, skin on and grated
2/3 cup oats
2 TBSP chia seeds
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
4 tsp honey
4 tsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Mix the crumble ingredients together.
3. Slice the peaches into wedges and arrange in the centre of a baking dish.
4. Spoon the crumble mixture around the peach wedges.
5. Bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until the crumble has turned golden and the peaches have softened.
6. You might need to stir the crumble so that it cooks evenly.
7. Remove and serve with yoghurt, pistachios and raspberries or other berries. If you like, you could add a touch of green, such as fresh mint.
Excerpted from All Sorts of One-Dish Wonders by Chantal Lascaris, published by Penguin Random House South Africa and available at leading bookstores and online
“Wellness Warehouse strives to help you live life well but because we are retailers and not medical practitioners we cannot offer medical advice. Please always consult your medical practitioner before taking any supplements, complementary medicines or have any health concerns and ensure that you always read labels, warnings and directions carefully, prior to consumption.”