• 1 large bunch (about 50 g) basil
• 1 small head (about 200 g) broccoli, roughly chopped, stalk and all
• 300 g macaroni
• 250 g sharp cheddar or gruyere cheese (or a mixture of both), grated
• 150 ml Rude Health Hazelnut Drink
• 2 cloves garlic
• A couple of slices of bread
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
2. Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
3. Peel the garlic and place it in a food processor with the basil (stalks and all), the broccoli and a good glug of olive oil, and pulse until it reaches a fine consistency. Transfer 3/4 of the mixture to a small bowl, and leave the rest in the food processor. Break and add the bread to the remaining mixture, blitzing until you have fine breadcrumbs.
4. Boil the pasta in well-salted water for about 1/3 less time than suggested on the packaging (you want it to be a bit undercooked as it will cook again in the oven).
5. Drain the pasta, reserving a mug of the hot pasta water for later.
6. Return the hot pasta to the pan and add 3/4 of the cheese and the hazelnut drink. Next, add the pasta water to thin the sauce to the consistency of double cream, then stir through 3/4 of the broccoli mixture. It can be a bit runny, as the pasta will soak up the liquid while it bakes.
7. Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper before transferring to a large baking dish.
8. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture and then the remaining cheese, and bake for 20 - 25 minutes - until the top is golden and crispy.
9. Serve with a crisp green salad.
“Wellness Warehouse strives to help you live life well but because we are retailers and not medical practitioners we cannot offer medical advice. Please always consult your medical practitioner before taking any supplements, complementary medicines or have any health concerns and ensure that you always read labels, warnings and directions carefully, prior to consumption.”