• 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
• 1⁄2 cup mixed nuts
• 1⁄4 cup coconut chips
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 3 large, ripe bananas
• 10 pitted dried dates, soaked in boiling water
• 3 heaped tablespoons raw cacao powder
• 1⁄4 cup water
• 1⁄2 cup cacao nibs / chopped dark chocolate (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper, glossy side down. Mix all the dry ingredients in a big mixing bowl (excluding the cacao nibs / chopped chocolate).
2. Blend the bananas, dates, cacao and water in a high- speed blender. Add the chocolate sauce to the dry ingredients and mix through until everything is coated.
3. Scoop the mixture onto the lined baking tray and use a spatula to spread and evenly flatten out the mixture. Place in the oven for 25 minutes (make sure you don’t burn the nuts).
4. Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool. When cold and hard, crumble into pieces. If it is not crunchy enough, place the mixture back into the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Add the cacao nibs or chopped chocolate and place in an airtight container.
6. Eat it as a snack, as a cereal with coconut yogurt or almond breeze or use it as a topping for smoothie bowls and desserts.
“Wellness Warehouse strives to help you live life well but because we are retailers and not medical practitioners we cannot offer medical advice. Please always consult your medical practitioner before taking any supplements, complementary medicines or have any health concerns and ensure that you always read labels, warnings and directions carefully, prior to consumption.”