This rich golden liquid is so much more than just a tasty snack, it also has a wide range of uses and has many health benefits'.
I am a big fan of honey - I drizzle it over my cereal, put it in tea and love smearing it onto a hot piece of toast'. but this rich golden liquid is so much more than just a tasty snack, it also has a wide range of uses and has many health benefits.
* Honey has been used since ancient times, as both a food and a medicine.
* Ancient Egyptians used honey for embalming the dead
* Honey's color & flavour differs depending on the source of the nectar
* If stored properly, honey can have an indefinite shelf life
* Energy booster - The glucose in honey is absorbed very quickly by the body, which gives you a instant energy boost and the fructose is absorbed more slowly providing a sustained energy. As a pre-workout snack, honey can increase power and endurance.
* Healing and natural antiseptic - Honey has antibacterial and antifungal properties. Applying honey to your wounds, burns and scrapes can help prevent infections and speed up the healing process
* Soothes sore throats - drinking honey, warm water and lemon can help soothe sore throats and may also kill certain bacteria that may be causing the infection
* Improves digestion - the enzymes present in honey aid in digestion (Due to this fact, honey can also help with weight loss)
* A natural sugar substitute - Since it's wonderfully sweet and healthy, honey makes a great sugar substitute in beverages, cereals, smoothies and cooking.
* Allergy help - apparently eating honey that is local to your area may help prevent seasonal allergies , as bees use pollen from local plants in the production of honey
* Effective against insomnia - drinking honey and milk together can help you to get a better night's sleep
Some notes: Always look for 100% pure organic honey (the effectiveness of the product depends on the quality). Some studies show that honey may not be good to give to infants under 1 years old, so check with your doctor before giving your baby any pure honey.