- Suitable For Vegan
The South African Vegan Cookbook
by Human & Rousseau
- ?For everyone from healthy herbivores to curious carnivores
- Features 100 quick, inexpensive and easy-to-follow vegan recipes
The South African Vegan Cookbook celebrates the amazing nutritional value, improved health and increased energy that a life with botanicals bring. Equipped with this book, everyone from healthy herbivores to curious carnivores can make delicious plant-based dishes part of their daily life. Blogger, veganista and animal activist Leozette Roode is one of South Africa's most passionate green-living advocates. She shares the latest trends and discusses equipment essentials, mindful alternatives for everyday products, answers to common vegan questions and how to maintain a practical, cost-effective pantry. With an impressive variety of recipes to ensure plant-eating remains sustainable, this book also spills the beans on:
- 80 fuel and fun-packed meals for the whole family throughout the day. Wake up to a choc-nut quinoa bowl, snack on spicy cauliflower bites, knock up oriental stir-fry for lunch, baked lentil falafels for dinner, and more.
- Smoothies post-workout protein tips, snacks, dips, soups, desserts, wines and celebrity secrets.
- Local favourites gone vegan: from milk tart to sosaties and other braai hits.
- Elegant dining ideas that will inspire you to eat in rather than out, such as Thai red-curry noodle soup, or rainbow rolls with marinated tofu.