1 large head of freshly picked lettuce or 1 pack of lettuce (preferably butter or cos lettuce)
2 medium carrots, peeled into ribbons
2 cups mung bean sprouts
¼ red cabbage, finely shredded
400 g smoked organic tofu, sliced into strips and marinated in 3 TBSP sesame oil, 3 TBSP apple cider vinegar and 3 TBSP coconut aminos (can be substituted with tamari and maple syrup)
INGREDIENTS FOR PINEAPPLE SALSA
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
2 avocados, peeled and diced
2 cups frozen pineapple
2 cups coriander, finely chopped
1 red onion, finely chopped
½ jalapeno, finely chopped
Juice from 2 limes
Pink Himalayan salt and pepper
INGREDIENTS FOR CREAMY ALMOND BUTTER & GINGER SAUCE
3 TBSP almond butter
3 TBSP lemon juice
2 TBSP tamari
1 TBSP water
1 tsp maple syrup
1/2 -1 tsp fresh grated ginger
Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Prepare the tofu marinade in a bowl or glass dish with a lid.
- Place the tofu strips in the marinade and coat evenly. The longer you leave them to marinade, the more they will soak up the flavours.
- Pan fry the tofu for a few minutes on each side until browned and crispy.
- Combine all the salsa ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Blend all the almond butter and ginger sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Load your lettuce up with the veggies, sprouts and tofu, top up with salsa and sauce, and enjoy!
Recipe created by Mira Weiner – an entrepreneur, food consultant and plant-based advocate who is passionate about conscious living, plant-based nourishment and holistic healing. For more information or to get in touch, visit miraweiner.com or follow her on Instagram @miraweiner.
“Wellness Warehouse strives to help you live life well but because we are retailers and not medical practitioners we cannot offer medical advice. Please always consult your medical practitioner before taking any supplements, complementary medicines or have any health concerns and ensure that you always read labels, warnings and directions carefully, prior to consumption.”