Enjoy a refreshing drink on a hot Summer day with this tasty and healthy blueberry tea
- 250g blueberries, fresh or defrosted from frozen
- 4 Bags of herbal tea (like Rooibos or Green tea)
- 6 Cups of water
- 1/4 Cup raw honey
- Ice cubes, lemon slices and mint leaves (optional for garnish)
- Bring the water almost to a boil in a large pot.
- Add the green tea bags to the pot and cover with lid. Let tea bags steep for 3 minutes.
- Remove tea bags.
- Pour the tea into a blender. Add the blueberries and blend for a few seconds.
- Pour the tea through a strainer into a large pitcher. Use a silicone spatula to push the mashed berries against the strainer to get all of the juice out of the mixture.
- Stir in the honey until dissolved.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Chill in the refrigerator before serving.
- Garnish with lemon slices and mint leaves.