*Olive oil, to fry
*300 g hake fillet
*Salt and pepper, to taste
*200 g smoked salmon
*350 g sweet potato, peeled and cooked
*2 eggs *1 onion, finely chopped
*1 cup desiccated coconut
*1 cup quinoa, cooked
*Juice of ½ lemon
*30 g coriander, chopped
*Low fat cottage cheese, to serve
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan over medium heat. Season the hake with salt and pepper and cook it.
2. Place the cooked hake fish in a large bowl and use a fork to break it into flakes. Add the salmon and mix.
3. Mash the cooked sweet potato.
4. Add all ingredients, except the cottage cheese, to the fish. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Chill the mixture in the fridge for at least 1 hour – this will prevent the fishcakes from falling apart when you fry them.
6. Use your hands to shape the mixture into 8 small patties.
7. Fry in hot oil until golden brown on both sides.
8. Serve topped with cottage cheese and lemon slices.
“Wellness Warehouse strives to help you live life well but because we are retailers and not medical practitioners we cannot offer medical advice. Please always consult your medical practitioner before taking any supplements, complementary medicines or have any health concerns and ensure that you always read labels, warnings and directions carefully, prior to consumption.”