- 2 cups coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 cm finely grated ginger root
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 peppercorns
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1 star anise
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- honey to taste
- Break up the cinnamon stick. Use a roller to crack the cardamom pods making sure you keep the black seeds.
- Add all the ingredients (except the honey) into a small pot and heat to a simmer.
- Keep it on low for 6 minutes.
- Leave it to seep for 5 more minutes then heat until warm.
- Strain all the loose herbs out, and then add some honey to sweeten.
- Serve warm.
“Wellness Warehouse strives to help you live life well but because we are retailers and not medical practitioners we cannot offer medical advice. Please always consult your medical practitioner before taking any supplements, complementary medicines or have any health concerns and ensure that you always read labels, warnings and directions carefully, prior to consumption.”