- Preheat the oven 170 degrees C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (First line the pan and sheet with coconut oil to prevent sticking).
- Melt coconut oil and honey until smooth. Add a pinch of salt and cinnamon and stir until combined.
- Remove from heat and add quinoa, maca, almonds and seeds. Stir until well combined.
- Spread the quinoa mixture into a thin layer on the baking paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, checking regularly. Lower the temperature if the sides start burning. The quinoa should look golden brown.
- Remove from the oven.
- Once cooled, start preparing the chocolate. Place a bowl over a pot of boiling water and melt the chocolate. Keep stirring until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and spread evenly over the quinoa slab. Optional: Sprinkle with cacao nibs and salt.
- Leave to stand until chocolate is set - usually about 2-3 hours.
- Once set, use a sharp knife and cut into pieces.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container.
“Wellness Warehouse strives to help you live life well but because we are retailers and not medical practitioners we cannot offer medical advice. Please always consult your medical practitioner before taking any supplements, complementary medicines or have any health concerns and ensure that you always read labels, warnings and directions carefully, prior to consumption.”