- Put the tofu on a plate. Place another plate on top and gently press down to remove the excess moisture from the tofu.
- Let the tofu sit for 20 minutes then drain away the liquid and cut into cubes.
- Put the tofu and 2 cups of the marinade in a large bowl and toss gently until evenly coated.
- Transfer all the contents of the bowl to a ziplock bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the tofu from the refrigerator and let it warm to room temperature.
- Put the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the aubergine, red pepper and onion, and gently toss until evenly coated.
- Thread the tofu and vegetables onto 10 metal skewers.
- Put the remaining 3 cups of marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Warm the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, salt and cayenne pepper and saut? until fragrant (2 to 3 minutes).
- Transfer to a blender.
- Add the tomato sauce, water, vinegar, lime juice, tamari and tomato paste, and process until smooth.
- Pour back into the saucepan and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until thick (about 20 minutes).
- Stir in the sage and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Taste and season with more salt if desired.
“Wellness Warehouse strives to help you live life well but because we are retailers and not medical practitioners we cannot offer medical advice. Please always consult your medical practitioner before taking any supplements, complementary medicines or have any health concerns and ensure that you always read labels, warnings and directions carefully, prior to consumption.”