Sosaties: 800g extra-firm organic tofu 3 Tbsp extra virgin oil
- Put the tofu on a plate. Place another plate on top and gently press down to remove the excess moisture from the tofu.
- Let the tofu sit for 20 minutes then drain away the liquid and cut into cubes.
- Put the tofu and 2 cups of the marinade in a large bowl and toss gently until evenly coated.
- Transfer all the contents of the bowl to a ziplock bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the tofu from the refrigerator and let it warm to room temperature.
- Put the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the aubergine, red pepper and onion, and gently toss until evenly coated.
- Thread the tofu and vegetables onto 10 metal skewers.
- Put the remaining 3 cups of marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Warm the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, salt and cayenne pepper and saut? until fragrant (2 to 3 minutes).
- Transfer to a blender.
- Add the tomato sauce, water, vinegar, lime juice, tamari and tomato paste, and process until smooth.
- Pour back into the saucepan and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until thick (about 20 minutes).
- Stir in the sage and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Taste and season with more salt if desired.