3 Courgettes, blanched & cut in half, horizontally 1 Large, ripe tomato, cut into 8 quarters 3Tbsp gorgonzola 3Tbsp ricotta 1 Large whole egg
- ?In a food processor, add the cassava flour, xantham gum & butter. Blitz until the mixture is like bread crumbs, then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add your egg yolks & salt. Work the mixture with your hands. Add 1 tablespoon of water & work again until the mixture forms a fairly stiff looking dough. If it is still too crumbly, add one tablespoon of water at a time. Re-work until the mixture comes together. Cover with cling film & refridgerate for a couple of hours.
- Once the butter has hardened in your pastry dough, it is now ready to use. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Using 2 sheets of wax proof paper & a rolling pin, roll out your pastry so that it is about 3-4cm wider than your quiche tin. Ensure that it is completely flush with the bottom of the tin, dough now hanging over the sides.
- Cut off any excess dough. Stab the entire base with a fork. Pop into your oven for about 3-4 minutes. Just creating a cooked seal to the dough before you put in your filling.
- Remove from the oven. Arrange your courgette & tomato pieces around the bottom of your dish. Spoon in the gorgonzola & ricotta where you can see pastry gaps. Mix your eggs & cream together, then pour over your quiche. Finely chop the basil, add half all over the quiche, keeping the other half for serving.
- Season with salt & pepper, bake for around 40 minutes or until the pastry looks brown & crispy
- Drizzle with some olive oil & sprinkle the remaining basil on top.
- Slice & serve while still warm, however it is just as delicious served cold.
Preparation Time:3.5 hours