2 cups chicken broth
- In a medium non-stick pan, combine the broth with the lentils, carrots, and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the lentils are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool to lukewarm.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the lemon juice, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, the cilantro, water, oil, and garlic. Process to a smooth puree and add to the lentils.
- Add the watercress and red onion to the lentils and toss to combine.
- Roast the salmon. Serve the hot salmon on a bed of the lentil salad.