The purpose of this policy is to describe the way that we handle your personal information when you are our supplier.
This policy applies to you if you are:
- a visitor to our website for the purposes of becoming a supplier (including as a landlord);
- a person that is responding to a tender (a request for goods or services such as a Request for Proposal (RFP) or a Request for Quote (RFQ)) that we have issued;
- a person who agrees to be a supplier of goods or services to us.
Personal information includes:
- certain information that we collect automatically when you visit our website;
- certain information collected when you interact with us as part of responding to a tender;
- certain information collected as part of an agreement with us to provide goods or services (including a lease agreement); and
- optional information that you provide to us voluntarily (see below);
- information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us; and
- information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds, or discussion board (because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy).
Where you are a juristic person, any reference to personal information will include the personal information of your data subject.
Personal information includes information we collect (i) automatically when you visit our website, (ii) on registration, (iii) on conclusion of an agreement with us, and (iv) from you voluntarily. It excludes (i) anonymous, (ii) de-identified, (iii) non-personal statistical, and (iv) public information.
Common examples of the types of personal information which we may collect and process include your:
- identifying information – such as your name, registration number, company details, date of birth, or identification number of any kind;
- contact information – such as your phone number or email address;
- address information – such as your physical or postal address; or
- demographic information – such as your gender or marital status.
Sensitive personal information
Depending on the goods or services that you supply, we may also collect sensitive personal information including your:
- financial information – such as your bank account details and credit status;
- sensitive demographic information – such as your race or ethnicity;
- medical information – such as information about your physical or mental health;
- criminal information – such as information about your commission or alleged commission of any offence or about any related legal proceedings;
- employment information – including your membership of a trade union, such as a list of the employees you would use to delivery goods or services to us; and
- beliefs – including your political or religious beliefs.
You must accept all the terms of this policy when you offer or supply goods and services to us, respond to a tender or visit our website. If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not supply goods and services to us.
You may not offer or supply goods and services to us, respond to a tender or visit our website if you do not accept this policy.
You may not access our website, offer or supply goods and services to us or respond to a tender if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts.
By accepting this policy or continuing to offer to supply goods or services to us, responding to a tender or visiting our website, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
You may only send us your own personal information or the information of another data subject where you have their permission to do so.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time by updating this web page. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by sending you an email detailing the changes that we have made and indicating the date that they were last updated. If you do not agree with the changes, then you must stop using the website and supplying or offering to supply goods or services to us. If you continue to use the website, offer to supply or supply goods or services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
On registration, visiting our website, responding to a tender or agree to be a supplier
Once you register on our website, responding to a tender, agreeing to be a supplier, you will no longer be anonymous to us since you will have to provide us with certain personal information.
This personal information will include:
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your telephone number;
- your company name, company registration number, and VAT number;
- your postal address or street address; and
- your username and password.
We will use this personal information to fulfil your account, and provide additional services or information to you as we reasonably think appropriate, and for any other purposes set out in this policy.
We collect certain information when you register on our website, respond to a tender, agree to be a supplier.
We may monitor and record any telephone calls that you make to us, unless you specifically request us not to.
Purpose for collection
We may use or process any goods or services information, or optional information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us. Processing includes gathering your personal information, disclosing it, and combining it with other personal information. We generally collect and process your personal information for various purposes, including:
- procurement of goods or services – such as when we issue tender that you respond to;
- business purposes – such as internal audit, accounting, business planning, and joint ventures, disposals of business, lease agreements or other proposed and actual transactions; and
- legal purposes – such as handling claims, complying with regulations, or pursuing good governance.
We may use your usage information for the purposes described above and to:
- remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website or respond to a tender; and
- monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed.
We may use any of your personal information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us.
Consent to collection
We will obtain your consent to collect personal information:
- in accordance with applicable law;
- when you provide us with any registration information or optional information.
We will get your consent to collect your personal information in accordance with applicable law when you provide us with it.
We may use your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you.
Messages and updates
We may send administrative messages and email updates to you in relation to a tender that you responded to or your supply of goods or services to us. In some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. You can choose to opt-out of promotional messages.
We may use your information to send you administrative messages and email updates to you regarding a tender that you responded to or your supply of goods or services to us.
We may share your personal information with:
- other divisions or companies within the group of companies to which we belong so as to provide joint content and services like registration, and to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies;
- our goods or services providers under contract who help provide certain goods or services or help with parts of our business operations, including fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services (our contracts dictate that these goods or services providers only use your information in connection with the goods or services they supply or services they perform for us and not for their own benefit);
- credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law; and
- other third parties who provide us with relevant services where appropriate.
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you among other purposes.
We may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
We may disclose personal information if required:
- by a subpoena or court order;
- to comply with any law;
- to protect the safety of any individual or the general public; and
- to prevent violation of our customer relationship terms.
We may disclose personal information to third parties if required for legal reasons.
We may disclose personal information to third parties if required for legal reasons.
We may need to disclose personal information to our employees that require the personal information to do their jobs. These include our responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, or other personnel.
Change of ownership
If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your personal information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal information.
We take the security of personal information very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws. Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. We implement disaster recover procedures where appropriate.
Our website is hosted on a secure server and uses security measures to prevent interference by intruders.
Accurate and up to date
We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes defined in this policy. From time to time we may request you to update your personal information on the website. You are able to review or update any personal information that we hold on you by accessing your account online, emailing us, or phoning us. Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your personal information, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making any corrections to your personal information.
Please keep your personal information accurate and up to date by accessing your account online, emailing us, and by phoning us.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to the retention of the record.
During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information.
We may retain your personal information in physical or electronic records at our discretion.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary.
Transfer to another country
We may transmit or transfer personal information outside of the country in which it was collected to a foreign country and process it in that country. Personal information may be stored on servers located outside the country in which it was collected in a foreign country whose laws protecting personal information may not be as stringent as the laws in the country in which it was collected. You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country whose laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent.
We may not transfer your personal information outside the country in which it was collected to a foreign country without your permission. OR We may transfer your personal information outside the country in which it was collected to a foreign country.
Updating or removing
You may choose to correct or update the personal information you have submitted to us, by clicking the relevant menu in any of the pages on our website or contacting us by phone or email.
You may choose to update or remove the personal information you have submitted to us.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third-party websites.