1. Qualisafe™ 10-step quality, stability, safety & purity checks.
2. Contains the amino acid 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) derived from the Griffonia seed extract
3. Added vitamin B6 as 5-HTP is converted into serotonin by a vitamin B6-dependent enzyme
Each capsule contains:
• 5-Hydroxytryptophan 100 mg
• Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine-5-phosphate) 25 mg
Hypromellose cellulose capsule shell, magnesium silicate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide.
• Use with caution in individuals taking antidepressant medications (TCAs, MAOIs, SSRIs, nefazodone, trazodone, venlafaxine, mirtazapine, bupropion) due to theoretical increased serotonergic-excess adverse effects.
• Use cautiously in individuals taking 5-HTP receptor agonists such as sumatriptan, rizatriptan, naratriptan, zolmitriptan, eletriptan, imotriptan, and frovatriptan.
• Use cautiously in individuals with renal insufficiency, as 5-HTP is eliminated renally.
• Use cautiously in individuals with epilepsy as 5-HTP may inhibit both focal and generalized seizures.
• Use cautiously in individuals using the following herbs and supplements: Hawaiian baby wood rose, L-tryptophan, S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe), St. John’s worts
• 5-HTP should be discontinued 2 weeks prior to elective surgical procedures.
• Safety during pregnancy and lactation has not been established
Adults (18 years and older):
For mood: Take 1 capsule twice daily
For sleep: Take 1 or 2 capsules at night
Best taken on an empty stomach, either 1 hour before, or 2 hours after any food.
Store at or below 25 °C.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.