- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Heat the oil over moderate heat in an ovenproof pan.
- Cut a pocket horizontally into each chicken breast.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper inside and out. Spread 1 teaspoon of pesto into each chicken pocket.
- Place 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of tomato in each pocket.
- Wrap each chicken breast in 2 strips of bacon – use toothpicks to secure if necessary.
- Brown the bacon-wrapped chicken breasts in the pan for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the pan.
- Deglaze the pan with the stock and remove from the stovetop.
- Return the meat to the pan with the stock and place in the oven to bake uncovered for 10 minutes. Serve hot with a salad.
“Wellness Warehouse strives to help you live life well but because we are retailers and not medical practitioners we cannot offer medical advice. Please always consult your medical practitioner before taking any supplements, complementary medicines or have any health concerns and ensure that you always read labels, warnings and directions carefully, prior to consumption.”