- Cut the cabbage into 8 wedges, removing the core but leaving a small piece of the stem so that the wedge will stay intact
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet, casserole dish or roasting pan over medium-high heat; add the cabbage wedges, turning frequently until browned on both sides. Remove wedges and set aside.
- To the dish, add the water, apple cider vinegar, coconut sugar, cayenne and red pepper flakes. Mix together over medium heat until well-combined.
- Return cabbage to the pan and sprinkle over the grated carrot. Bring everything to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20-40 minutes until the cabbage is tender, but still has a slight bite.
- Arrange the wedges and any loose leaves on a platter, leaving the cooking liquid in the pan. Mix together the corn starch and 2 teaspoons water to create a slurry and add to cooking liquid.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook down for about 10 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
- Pour over the cabbage and serve fresh and warm.
“Wellness Warehouse strives to help you live life well but because we are retailers and not medical practitioners we cannot offer medical advice. Please always consult your medical practitioner before taking any supplements, complementary medicines or have any health concerns and ensure that you always read labels, warnings and directions carefully, prior to consumption.”